Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Boot Camp!

Obviously quite a few people have already posted on this, but there is little more to post about. I enjoyed Boot Camp quite a bit and as most people would say, I wish it lasted longer. I found the teachings on obeying your parents and taking care of them when in need is just about as important and relevant as if I were still living in the home. It truly was a blessing to be able to go and renew old friendships as well.

I also had the pleasure of visiting Lewisville Primitive Baptist Church. I must admit it was an interesting drive. Sister Rachel was the one leading the caravan of 3. I never would've thought Sister Rachel drove as fast as I do! After going south in the opposite direction on I-35, driving on the wrong side of the road on the frontage road, and running a couple stop signs, we arrived safely at the church around 11:10am. I'm guessing directions weren't very clear;)

After church, I was graced with an invitation to the Bruce's beautiful home. I must say, I've seen very few homes that could compare. Evan Ritchie, Eleanor Green, Logan Green, Eleanor Green, Chris Schafer (I think), and Sister Rachel were there in addition to the Bruce's. The boys got out the guitars and the mandolin and started strumming a few tunes. I just sat back on the wonderfully comfortable couch and read some Calvin & Hobbes. Before long, I sought out the Dr Pepper and talked a bit with Sister Lynn. Since I'm not musically inclined on string instruments, she presented me with a small accordion. So I waltzed in there and tried to play along without making everything sound too bad.

All in all, I had a wonderful time and wish I could've stayed longer. I do appreciate the Bruce's hospitality and I hope to see ya'll again soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gracie said...

Great seeing you at BC! haha, so you play the accordian?

March 09, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

great not seeing you at Boot Camp...um...wait...I mean that's not what I meant... LoL...

I think I meant "sad"...

March 09, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

I don't regularly play the accordion, as those who were present at my debut may attest;)

Lacey, you're crazy;D

March 09, 2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I do what I can...

March 09, 2006 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you this weekend!

March 10, 2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home