Monday, August 08, 2005

Picture Day!

Today I decided to scan in some pictures from my dorm room during the Spring and Fall semesters, to my weird but genius C++ Programming prof, to the Texas A&M campus, to my summer residence. Enjoy!



This is the entrance to the dorm I stayed in during the Spring and Fall semesters.

This is to the right as you walk in. Nice and tidy! It's my roommate's fault.

This is where I laid my head every evening around 2am. It just looks messy! I really knew where everything was! But is anyone interested in being a maid?

This is my current residence. This is just my room. There's also another room, a kitchen, a bathroom, washer & dryer, and a living room. I still know where everything is!

This is the entrance to the Student Computing Center on Texas A&M campus where I work. It's 2 floors and houses over 500 desktop computers! Guess who got to do inventory??

This is Sbisa Dining Hall. Yes, it costs as much as you might think. Right now it costs nearly $8 for all-you-can-eat supper! Now you know why I live on Hot Pockets and Ramen Noodles!

This is the university watertower. Pretty cool, eh?

This is the famed Century Tree. Legend is that if you walk under it alone, you're destined to live your life single. If you walk under it with someone of the opposite sex, that's the person you're destined to marry. If you look closely in the second picture, someone is getting their wedding pictures taken. In case you're wondering, no I haven't walked under it yet!

This is the celebrated Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup creator and implementer of the C++ programming language. I had him in my ENGR 112 intro course to C++. Intro my foot! His class obviously was no picnic and even though it was only a 2 hours class, it took up my entire week to complete the labs and whenever I had trouble compiling the code in the text, he assured me it was my error and not his! I learned quickly that all the Engineering department at A&M cares about is weeding out the slackers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wilson said...

Dr. Bjarne looks like one heck of a party animal...did he really creat C++? Thats cool that TAMU would have him on staff. Which dorm did you used to live in? It didn't look familiar to me.

Lee
www.focalelement.blogspot.com

August 08, 2005 7:12 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

Yes, he did actually. He's really weird, to say the least. I was living in Hobby hall and now it looks like I'll be moving back there again.

August 11, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

I almost got his book, but then I decided I wasn't interested in programming C. It's.. unique that your uni has him on staff, though.. It shows that they're using their grants wisely. :-D

August 11, 2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home