Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Break - Off to a Good Start!

Greetings fellow Spring Beakers!;) On Saturday after a week-long illness, I headed for Lubbock, TX. The drive was a good 7.5 hours. The plan was to stay with my older brother Stephen at his house (from which he is about to move) in Lubbock for the night and then head to Crosbyton, TX where the folks are and where my church is. It just so happened that some friends of Stephen and I were going to be traveling through Lubbock about the time I arrived, so we met up at Cattle Baron's for supper. We had a great time joking, laughing, and eating some really good food. I had the 12 oz. Prime Rib *drools* with unlimited visits to the salad bar! Seeing as good food is hard to come by in my current situation, I ate the entire steak and had two trips to the salad bar:) That's about as much veggies as I've had in the past two or three months.

After snapping a few pictures and saying our goodbyes, they headed on their way and Stephen and I headed back to his bachelor pad. I got out my computer and we browsed through my repertoire of movies and decided to watch Madagascar. Very good, by the way. Stephen went off to bed and I stayed up and watched Demolition Man. Not recommended for just anybody;) Then I headed to bed.

Got up the next morning and we headed to church in Crosbyton. It was really good to see everyone again. Brother Tom preached a powerful sermon from John 11 about the similarities of Lazarus being raised from the dead and Christ raising his people from their spiritually dead state. I never tire of hearing that story:) After an awesome meal cooked by some of the best cooks in West Texas (if not the entire state of Texas), we headed back to Mom and Dad's. I think this Spring Break has gotten off to a good start:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like it has. Hope you have a great week!

March 13, 2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been nice seeing you!

March 14, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

whoa...rackin up some coments aren't we?! Glad you're having a wonderful spring break!

March 15, 2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas! He left to go back to college yesterday. :-(

March 18, 2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home