Saturday, April 08, 2006

Important Prayer Request

Dear Family and Friends,

I would ask an interest in your prayers as I am seriously considering joining the Army Reserves. A major reason for considering this is the college financial aid that is offered. In addition to that, I feel a desire to do my part in earning the freedom I've come to take for granted so many times.

I would also like to say that I'm not rushing into this. Since high school I've been interested in joining the Army, though reasons have varied. I started thinking about this seriously last year. I finally decided to seek out more information at a local recruiting office here in College Station. I talked with them for quite a while and there was hardly a question I didn't answer. I went a second time to with my older brother Stephen to ask any questions I didn't think of when I went to give them my references and other info.

In addition to talking to the guys at the recruiting office who obviously will tell me mostly the good side of the Army, I've also sought counsel and advice from Bro. Zack, my parents, and a couple of my siblings (including my Bro.-in-law, James Taylor). However, most of all I've sought the Lord's counsel and petitioned him in prayer to reveal his will to me. So far, I feel like it is the thing to do.

I have all of five days to decide for sure whether or not to join. If I indeed agree to this, I will be leaving for Houston on April 13 at 1400 to take my tests and do all the paperwork. Upon completion, I will finish out this semester at Texas A&M and go for my 9 week Basic Training in June, which unfortunately means no Harmony Hill or Camp Moriah. After that, I go for my specific job training during the fall semester after which I will return to Texas A&M for the Spring 2007 semester and finish out my degree. Supposedly, the training and job experience I will get (if I sign) will transfer as some amount of credit hours towards my degree, though the exact amount is uncertain at this point. Needless to say my "P.E." credit hours will be fulfilled;) That being the case, I won't actually be too far behind in my education if at all.

Once I start back at A&M, I will be working for the Army at my specific job one weekend a month and two weeks during the summer. That will be what I do for the rest of my enlistment unless I get called up.

Again, I beg an interest in your prayers. This is an extremely important decision. If you have any advice or comments, please feel free to comment on this post or e-mail me at cpuaggie@ev1.net

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you.

April 08, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger HandmaidenforHim said...

I've already been praying for you, Bro! I love ya and hope the Lord gives you the wisdom to know what to do!

April 08, 2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

will do!

April 09, 2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger Gracie said...

praying for you. :)

April 13, 2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

What a situation, my friend. I'll pray about this; what a move!

April 14, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger joe4444 said...

Hey dude I read this way before now i've just been too lazy to comment (yea i'll make it perfectly in the military, just like you, lol).

Anyway, I'm sorry about that, but seriously I know its a tough decision. The Army is no joke, even if not the Marines. It would be really tough, but I think a good experience for you. Whatever happens I'm praying for you, just as I already have been since reading this, and just have faith that God will guide you in the direction he has planned, and they will work out. Stay strong bro, God bless.

April 15, 2006 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give in to peer pressure.

April 15, 2006 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home