Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Meeting, The Move, and The Toilet Seat!

I returned from the Oak Hill meeting in Austin, TX (It was awesome by the way!) this past Monday. As a quick note before I move on, a Southern Baptist minister visited Sunday morning during the meeting and his children did not want to leave!! They loved the way we sing acapella. The Southern Baptist preacher was really moved by the singing we did during church and after church. Everyone had a great time!

After the meeting, I returned Monday afternoon only to have to immediately begin packing up to move out of the condo (fourth picture you see below). The initial packing didn't take too long because half of it was never unpacked in the first place. I just got what I needed whenever. I moved all my stuff into the living room because i had to vacuum.:-/ So, I vacuumed and was informed by my "Old Lady" that I had to clean the bathroom sink and the kitchen floor. So I got my paper towels and some lemon smelly stuff and had at it. I don't know if things got all that clean, but it sure smelled perty.:D

So I got everything "cleaned" and gathered up all my stuff into the living room. Then I loaded up the car with my first load and headed to my temporary residence. All the while, a nasty-looking supercell was heading for College Station, so by the time I got to the place, it started sprinkling and I had to grab stuff and run to the door! Then, I had to take everything up to the attic room where I will be staying. Meanwhile it was pouring outside. I had previously informed my "Old Lady" that it would be raining soon and I may be later getting out than I thought (you see, I was supposed to be out by Tues. morning). I decided that since it was raining, I would head over to the plasma center to give plasma and use the money to payoff one of the last bills for the condo.

After I was stabbed with a 16-guage needle and blood taken and the plasma taken from that, I got my money and went back to the condo to resume moving since the rain had stopped. I took another load of stuff and arranged with a friend to come over with his truck to get the big stuff. By this time, it was about 10pm. We got back and unloaded the stuff and collapsed in the floor! It was about 11pm. I had been at it since 3pm. I got online briefly while surrounded with boxes and random stuff stacked up in the attic room. Finally ate, too. When it was nearly 12am, I went to take a shower, but the Mrs. Williamson that owns the place with her husband decided to change the toilet seat at that exact moment, so I had to wait about 20 min. while she searched for a wrench and a screwdriver. But finally, she successfully replaced it and all was well with the world!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wilson said...

Good times man, sounds like things are going well. I am still looking forward to your email about Primitive Baptists...and, if I am right, you remember how I told you about the Primitive Baptist Church down the road from me? Well, the one I was talking about was off of 1826. I think that you went to the church I thought was a bumch of people huddled around a camp fire. My parents live in Dripping Springs. How funny is that? If it is the same place, of course.

Lee
www.focalelement.blogspot.com

August 16, 2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

The church I actually went to this past weekend is Oak Hill Primitive Baptist Church on 1826! That's weird....The e-mail is still awaiting final editing. Don't think this is some major paper or anything. I'm just verifying my statements to make sure I don't go off and say something wrong and the person I'm getting to look over it hasn't responded yet!;) I'll get it to ya asap!

August 16, 2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

I was disappointed by the level of toilet seat content in this post. :-\

Aren't we( PBs ) virtually, if not literally, identical to Gill in doctrine? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but if so, it seems we wouldn't need much explaination.

August 31, 2005 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home