Sunday, April 16, 2006

Update On Things

First off I'm sorry to have left people hanging like this about how things are going with my decision about joining the Army. Things have gotten more complicated in the past week. It seems some of the things I put on the Yes/No medical questionnaire raised a stink with the recruiters. Their advice was to lie on some of it by circling "No" even though it was a blatant lie. If it was more of a voluntary thing where you're just asked to physically write anything down and not have to circle Yes/No questions, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But it's not. They were concerned I wouldn't pass the physical if I circled "Yes" on those questions and if I wanted to join, I'd have to circle "No." When I heard that, I pretty much told them that I really wanted to join, but not at the expense of my morals........then walked out.

I figured it was over then and almost had closure when the recruiter that was assigned to me called me on my cell 20 minutes later. He said if I could get the relevant paperwork for the medical questionnaire, they would send it in to the folks who give the physical in Houston to see if I could pass. I agreed and was able to get the paperwork without too much difficulty, so I'm expecting an answer within the next couple of days.

I'll reiterate that I haven't officially joined the Army yet. I've filled out all of the pre-enlistment paperwork and have given them everything they need to process me. The contract is the very last step and will not be signed unless I pass everything.

To tell you the truth, I think I'll be happy either way. I know it's in the Lord's hands and he'll take care of me whether or not I join. Please pray that the Lord will shut the door if this whole thing isn't his Will.

I truly appreciate your prayers. It's a wonderful to know that people are praying for me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. God will not let you down; He knows what is right for you. Keep trusting in Him.

April 17, 2006 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you chose not to say a blatant lie!

April 17, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I am too! The Lord will honor your honesty, and He'll work His will...just trust Him!

"...for his compassions fail not, they are new every morning, great is they faithfulness!"

April 17, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

Be encouraged!

April 17, 2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"why liberals fear faith" drew me googling to your site.
Got a great school there...I am an engineering student at Lamar University. I also had ROTC Marine style in High school to muster credits for an early graduation...still suma cum laude...got the $2000 early grad bonus...now gone...profs would not and were not required to make up Katrina lost time...students all penalized by lost time. Most lost 1-2 grade points per course. Kudos to you for listening reading Limbaugh. I get mp3s per Sharaza of Rush...commercial free. starkitten121@yahoo.com or nughtstargir@gmail.com

April 20, 2006 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Telepath of Oak Cliff says:

Whether you are accepted or not, you have our prayers...GOOD LUCK and Godspeed! They overlook flatfeet if that's a problem...some tatoos also.

April 20, 2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also need a laugh...Today in Odd History, April 20 President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabbit during a fishing trip in Plains, Georgia. The rabbit, which may have been fleeing a predator, swam toward his boat, "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared." President Carter was forced to swat at the vicious beast with a canoe paddle, which apparently scared it off. Upon his return to the White House, Carter told his staff about the furry amphibian's assault. Most of them refused to believe him, insisting that rabbits can't swim (although since most mammals can swim, there's no reason to believe that rabbits...

If Jimmy Carter was so righteous...wonder why his own staff doubted his "Wild Rabbit Attack Story".
As you probably know former POTUS Carter is a Flaming Liberal, attacks Bush and other not-so-liberals.

April 20, 2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home