Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Plate is Full!

Greetings to one and all! Looks like I failed, once again to keep posting regularly. But enough of that. On to the news......Today, I'm supposed to move into my apartment. I've been putting it off all day because I don't have anyone to help. I'll get it done eventually. School starts Monday:-\ It shouldn't be all bad. My semester shouldn't be all that difficult. I'll be taking Computer Science 211-Data Structures & Implementations, Math 172-Calculus II, Music 280-Symphonic Band, Political Science 207-State & Local Gov. (I've been putting it off as long as I could), and Physics 306-Basic Astronomy (GPA booster, hopefully:)).

However, I did hear from the Army last week. 1SG Miller informed me that I have a consult date in Houston next Wed., but I have to stay overnight Tues. in a 4-star hotel ( rats;) ). The doctor consult shouldn't be a problem at all and if everything goes as planned, I'll be signing my contract and swearing in the same day, Wed. I'm a little nervous and a little excited. I'm nervous about finally going through with my decision ( which was not taken lightly and was made with much prayer), which was a decision that couldn't actually be gone through with until the 100 year-old doctors at MEPS said I could. But, I'm also excited about finally being able to do my part and wearing the uniform of a soldier, among other things. Things still could go wrong, though. So prayers would be much appreciated.

On top of all that, I turn 21 the next day, Thursday, August 31. Since I'm gonna be in College Station at the time, looks like pizza and a movie to celebrate:) So, it looks like an eventful week, to say the least, moving in, starting school, signing up with the Army, turning 21 all in the same week. But what can I say? ces't la vie université!

10 Comments:

Blogger cpuaggie said...

I don't know. We might win one or two. That's if we beat Army....hehe. I must add that since you seem to have an Auburn-ish tone to your comment, the last time the Aggies met Auburn was in the 1985 Cotton Bowl and A&M won 36-16. But that's when we had a team that could win games.....
In any case, thanks for the comment.

God Bless even though you go for War Eagle, or whatever;)

August 27, 2006 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice French phrase at the end. :-)It will be interesting if you come home with your uniform on sometime... Wish you could come to my birthday celebration on September 8 (since it's a Friday), and/or that you could celebrate your birthday up here. But, that's life, or as the French say it, c'est la vie. We haven't started all our schooling yet. However, as I type, Stacey is at her chemistry class in Lubbock.

August 28, 2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger HandmaidenforHim said...

Happy Birthday! I must say that I'm not just really enthusiastic about you joining the army, but I do hope everything you hope for comes to pass. By the way, I didn't know you kew French. Actually if I remember correctly, I thought you despised it.

August 28, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

I do, but it's one of the few French phrases that I use. There's about 2 or 3 others....

August 28, 2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I see.

August 29, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Cass said...

your joining the army? so...what will you do? fight?

September 05, 2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

Hey, Cassidy!
If need be, I will. I hope to just stick to doing my job whatever that turns out to be. I'm thinking about Networking, IT, or maybe MI.

September 05, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

Oh! cool..i don't know what IT or MI is but that is not surprising..:)

September 09, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

IT is Information Technology and MI is Military Intelligence:)

September 11, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

sounds neato. yah john, it was like the title of the post.:)

September 26, 2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home