Sunday, September 25, 2005

All Clear, But No Water?

After much anticipation and worry over hurricane Rita, she ended up completely bypassing Texas A&M. In one respect, it is quite a blessing. Nobody was hurt and no damage whatsoever was done to the campus. On the other hand, school will be back to normal tomorrow.:( It was nice to have a long weekend, though because we do not get Labor Day off.

There was just one minor technicality: what do I do about all the extra snacks and sports drinks I bought? Well, eat it I guess, was the advice I got...........from my stomach. So, over the weekend I pretty much finished off all of the extra stuff I bought. That's ok, because that meant I didn't have to go out and buy a few meals. Since I've been slightly sick with a cold, I've been drinking a lot of water and stuff, so I quickly drank up the sports drinks. Well, about the time I finished the last bottle, I got up to go to the bathroom, tried to flush, but nothing happened. I wiggled and jiggled the thing, but it would not flush. So, I went to wash my hands and saw that the hot water worked, but the cold water didn't.

This made absolutely no sense. The hurricane didn't even hit here, so something weird was going on. My roomate started complaining because he wanted to take a shower after he went to work out and he's not like us normal people who take showers in the evening:D (j/k morning shower peoples;)). So I went to the 4th floor dorm R.A. (Residential Advisor) to find out what was going on, but he was nowhere to be found. I tried the 2nd floor R.A., but he was nowhere to be found. We ended up having to go most of the afternoon without water. Around 4:45pm the water started working. Then about 5pm we got a knock at the door and a maintenance guy came in, peaked in the bathroom, said everything was ok and left. That was kinda odd because he didn't even try to flush to toilet or anything.....

I got a call from dad saying the car was fixed!!!! He had already conveniently e-mailed me a detailed list of the bills I owed to get it fixed., but he had not yet got it back together and running.:/ In his call, he said he was able to crank it up and he and my older brother drove it around just to make sure everything was working right. He plans to drive it to work tomorrow just to be doubly sure. So that's good news, it'll just be interesting figurin' out how to get the car back down here.

We did have the football game against Texas State University last Thursday. It was rescheduled because of hurricane Rita. We ended up winning 44-31. It really should've been a bigger win, though. I'm hoping it was just because it was a rescheduled game and they weren't able to practice as much as they usually do.

Hope all is well with everyone and thank you all for your prayers. It really means a lot.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to be a damper, Justin, but he drove it to work and while going there, discovered that there was a gas leak, or something like that, so he had to tow the car, and Mom's right now going to go pick him up from Lubbock. Sorry!

Jesse(bookworm from TROG)

September 26, 2005 7:15 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

He actually already let me know that. Thanks for the info, though.

September 26, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I'm glad everything is all good...all of our prayers worked! Woohoo!

September 26, 2005 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime, Justin, anytime! It will be nice to see the folks down at Oak Hill again, too! I haven't been there for, I think, three years! Anyway, it'll also be nice to see you again, too.

September 28, 2005 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry! Forgot to mention that the person above, and me, is Jesse(bookworm from TROG)

September 28, 2005 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home