Wednesday, August 31, 2005

School Begins and my Birthday!

Well, school started this past Monday! Don't get me wrong, I'm not excited or anything. This semester, I'm taking Engineering Chemistry, Calculus 2, Cultural Anthropology, Beginning Swimming for my Kinesiology class, and Symphonic Band. Mondays and Wednesdays are my hardest days. I have Calculus at 9:10am until 10:00am then I have an hour and a half to eat or work an hour, which my supervisor has basically forced me into as of today. After that, I have 3 classes in a row. All three are on separate sides of the campus. I have 20 minuts to go from the Band Hall on soutside to the Rec Center on westside, then I have 20 min. to get from the Rec Center to Heldenfelds for Chemistry which is kinda southcenter campus. That and having to lug 15+ lbs. of books and lugging my sack of swimming clothes for my swimming class makes for antaxing and tedious trip.

This past Tuesday was especially hectic. I failed to register at Blinn Community College on time, so I had to physically go over there. Before I continue, I need to clarify why I'm taking a class over there. Recently, Texas A&M has implemented a flat tuition rate for students taking between 12 and 15 hours a semester. If you take 12 hours, you get charged the same amount for tuition as someone taking 15 hours. It's supposed to be a plan to "help" students graduate on time. It's more like a plan to bull crap and scam students. I guess I shouldn't be suprised A&M did something stupid like this, after all they increased tuition again in addition to the flat tution rate and increased all the other fees too. I'll get off my soapbox now. The reason I'm taking a class over at Blinn is so I can get under the tuition cap.

So I went over to Blinn Tuesday to get help picking a class that I needed and would also for sure transfer over to Texas A&M. To do this, I had to meet with an advisor which became a major ordeal. I got there just in time to be told the morning session was closed and I would have to come back in the afternoon and take a number. So I did and ended up waiting a whole hour to see someone. Finally did, figured out what I was gonna take, and went into the computer lab to register. Well, lo and behold, the server was so busy it wouldn't let me register. By this time, I had about 40 minutes before registration closed, so I had to go find the place to register in person. I found it in time, so I was able to register in time but not for the class I wanted. Thankfully, the class started later that afternoon, so I didn't miss anything.

With that finally done, I returned and continued my day. It's been nice the last couple of days because most of the profs that give homework have given it optionally, so I've not had as much pressure trying to get it done by a deadline. Any assigned work isn't due until next week, so I've been able to just do practice problems and read to prepare for the actual assignments. It hasn't been an all bad start. Just really really busy.

In other news, today is my birthday!!! As of 6:26pm August 31, I am no longer a teenager! To be honest, I feel no different. But as Lydge said, it takes a whole year to get used to being a year older.:D I've nothing planned in particular since today was Wed. I'll prolly do something Fri. night. Don't know exactly what, but we'll see.

Hope all is well with ya'll and hope you're glad to be back at school....because I sure ain't!:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home