Thursday, September 15, 2005

An Encouraging Conversation

Recently I had a very encouraging conversation with a coworker from Iran. We were on the bus and I got to talking to him about computers and integrated circuits, things of that nature. We got off at our stop and he asked for my number. I gave it to him and I got his. I asked for his name and he told me. That lead me to ask him where he was from. He said he was from Iran. Just out of curiosity I asked him what people in Iran think of America. His eyes got wide and he said, "95% of the Iran people hate their government. They love America! I love Bush! If you go to Iran, you find many many friends there. " I then asked him what they thought about America invading Iraq and taking Suddam out of power. He said, "Oh, they are so happy! Suddam very bad man. He kill many many people. We very glad America come and defeat Suddam. We hope America come and defeat Iran government too. Iran government very bad. Democracy very good. In Iran, there no free newspaper, no free t.v. The government control all that. They also don't like me and my girlfriend going to coffee shop. I could get arrested because I am Muslim and she not. It not government business! It is personal! In America, there no problem."

Folks, this tells me what we are doing in Iraq is right. What the media will tell us is that the war is going badly and that everyone over there hates us. As you can see, it's not true. I heard it form the horses mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home