Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurricane Rita

The latest update is that Hurricane Rita is going to be headed more or less in the direction of Bryan/College Station. Texas A&M has taken in a lot of students from the Texas A&M at Gavelston location. As of yet, there is no mandatory evacuation of the Bryan/College Station area, so I plan to stay on campus. If my car wasn't in the shop, I'd pobably leave. According to my brother, who is a Meterologist at this point it is a Category 5 with sustained winds of 165 mph.

As of 3pm, classes at Texas A&M have been cancelled for Friday and the football game againt Texas State has been moved forward to Thursday at 7:30pm. The game is supposed to be televised to discourage people other than people who live in the Bryan/College Station area from going to the game. I don't know which t.v. station yet. The hope is that it will keep from cloggin' up the highways. I've also been informed that water has been totally sold out of every grocery store and gas prices are about to sky-rocket. Looks like I will be filling up empty bottles with tap water!:D

Please do be in prayer for those who are in harms way and for those that will be traveling on the roads.

4 Comments:

Blogger LaceyP said...

I will definitely be in prayer for yall! It hasn't been too long since those of us in Mississippi were wondering when the power would come back on, when the gas lines and prices would go down, and when the grocery stores would have food again. It's a strange feeling, but it's always comforting to know that God is in control!

September 21, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger joe4444 said...

Amen, I'll be praying too. Please keep us updated on the hurricane situation and if things are going ok for you (assuming you have access to a computer, and the power is on, if you dont have a laptop).

God Bless,
Joe

September 21, 2005 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound pretty bad.. I'll be in prayer for y'all too! Have fun watching the football game!

September 22, 2005 5:51 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

It's so I don't get those annoying ads that comment on blogs.

September 25, 2005 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home