Wednesday, November 16, 2005

BQ Ball

The end of the week is approaching fast! Along with that, however comes one bad thing and one good thing: An Engineering Chemistry exam and the BQ Ball. For those of you who don't know already, I was asked to the BQ Ball by the girl I met in Symphonic Band. She just so happens to be in the Aggie Band also, so hence the reason she asked me. Just FYI, a BQ is anyone in the Aggie Band. BQ does stand for something, but I'll decline to say what it does stand for.

For some reason or another she seemed surprised I wanted to get her a corsage. I thought it was pretty much expected. It took some doing to figure out what would match her salmon and black dress. She finally decided a peach rose corsage would work best. So now everything is set. Friday is gonna be one busy day, though. I've got that chem exam, then I've got quite a bit to do to get ready for the ball.

Right after I finish the exam, it's run run run to the car on the other side of campus. Then I gotta head to the flower shop to pick up the corsage, get a haircut :D, then wash the car (which never has been washed since I got it), and finally go over the interior of my car with one of those lint roller things to make sure it's in tip-top shape. That should take a while and I'll be pressed for time because I've only got 2.5 hours from the time I get out of the exam to when I pick her up. In addition to all those things, of course I'll have to figure out how to get into my tux. I've only wore the thing once so it should prove to be an interesting task.

Aside from all that, it should be quite an enjoyable evening. I have no idea what's gonna go on at the ball aside from good food and good company.:) There will be dancing of course, but neither of us know how to dance. I talked to one of my co-workers about trying to find someone to give me a crash course. She told me not to worry about it. "White people can't dance anyways. Just get out on the floor like the other white people and fake it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, how busy you are. And I bet going over you car with a lint thingamajigger is a real back-breaking job, but I guess for you it's worth it. ;^)

We're going to be busy getting ready for James and Julie and the kids who are coming in tomorrow night. Fun Fun Fun!!!

November 17, 2005 3:41 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I hope you do well on your exam...and have a great time at the ball! Fun times!

November 17, 2005 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home