Wednesday, January 04, 2006

An "Elementary" Walk Down Memory Lane

I decided to go and do something interesting today. It just so happens that my old elementary school is about 3 miles away from my grandparents, so I decided to go drop by and see if any of my old teachers were around. I was the original 5th grade class when the school opened and turns out 3 of my old teachers still taught there. I met up with my old P.E. teacher and when she saw me, she immediately recognized my face but could not remember my name. I told her who I was and then she knew exactly who I was.

We talked and reminisced about the good ol' days. After talking a little bit, she took me around trying to track down a couple of my other former teachers. Amazingly, both of them kinda recognized my face and when I told them my name everything just clicked. We talked a wee bit and then my P.E. teacher and I headed back to the gym where her office was. She got out her old yearbook of that year and we looked at all my old classmates. Interestingly enough, most of the trouble-makers didn't end up doing well later in life. One or two have gone off to play college football. I found it quite interesting that the same three girls us 5th grade boys had such the crush on turned out to be the prettiest girls, so I'm told, lol!

Well, that made for an interesting afternoon. Shortly afterward, I headed over to my good friend Mike's and played some Halo and Halo 2 then I headed on back to my grandparents. Tonight the agenda is to watch the Rose Bowl (not sure who to go for), stay up late, then sleep late. I'll let ya'll know if anything exciting happens tomorrow!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was neat that you were able to meet some of your old teachers. I wish I could see if my old teacher from North Henry Academy (where I went for preschool) is still there and perhaps go to YACS again.

January 05, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

Woohoo! Go Texas! "hook em'!" :) that game had me on the edge of my seat...but it was all good in the end! ;)

January 06, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

Saw'em off!:P Although, I must say Stephen and I were rooting for Texas, though it strictly goes against Aggie ethics...:D

January 06, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

Though I do have to say, and I can say this since I'm a girl, but SC's quarterback (I think...was Leinert the quarterback?) Anyway...I'm not even sure I spelled his name right...but I know his number was 11...he was SUPER cute! I mean...WOW! ok..that's enough of that...I'm sure you didn't notice...so I thought I'd let you in on that! ha!

January 07, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

Yes, Matt Leinart is USC's QB. Cute??? Ummm.....if you say so. Interesting you would go to all the trouble to comment on my blog about how "cute" he is....:D

January 08, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

I guess I was trying to give SOME credit at least to USC...so I did. Matt Leinert was pretty much the only thing I liked about them! ha! I'm joking...but I'm partial to Texas because I have family that roots for them..ya know how that goes...

Forgive me...I will never comment on your blog out how "cute" someone is ever again! happy?!

January 08, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger cpuaggie said...

Ok fine. You're forgiven. But just this once!.....:D

January 09, 2006 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...how forgiving my brother is. :D Yes, Joey Lowrance (he goes to our church and is a big Texas fan, for those who didn't know) said that after they won, he went outside and just screamed because he was so happy.

January 09, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

oh thank you, kind sir! I am EVER greatful for your kindness... :)

January 09, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home