Monday, January 02, 2006

To Post or Not to Post

After the insistence of certain friends of mine, I decided to post after nearly a month of chronic blog neglect. I cleared out most of the cobwebs and got started just as soon as I got to a computer.

My break has been quite enjoyable! I finished up with finals on December 13 and had all day the 14 to "tidy up" and get ready for the trip to GA. To make a long story short, I had a lot of extra time on my hands after packing and "cleaning." Brother Vince and Sister Kristy were gracious enough to let me stash my stereo and computer at their house. The next day, I met up with my coworker who was going to be giving me a ride to Houston to catch my plane. She dropped me off about 2 hours early and it turns out that the flight was delayed due to low visibility in Atlanta, so I listened to some music until it was time to board.

The flight was really quick (1 hour and 20 min.) which is just plain amazing to me. It takes me 14 hours to get from College Station, TX to Atlanta. My older brother picked me up at the airport and then I stayed with my Moseley cousins for a few days. I had a good time there and something rather comical happened while I was there. I'll save that for another post, though:-D.

We had our family get-togethers the following Wed.(21) and Sat.(24). My dad's parent's get-together was Wed. and it went well. It was good to see everyone. Mom's side's get-together was Sat. and that was quite enjoyable. As our tradition goes, we sang Sacred Harp most the afternoon. That was so much fun!

The following week I didn't do a whole lot. I did go see the chiropractor one day and then a friend of mine and I went out to eat one evening before seeing King Kong, which was an awesome movie btw (save for those giant bugs). Then this past weekend I was gone to the Memphis meeting, i.e. Grace Chapel. The Fulmers graciously allowed me to ride with them. I had such a great time. The preaching helped me out a great deal. This past semester was a rough one and really tried me spiritually. I needed it bad. It was great to see all my buddies and to even make some new friends! The Lord blessed us with a safe journey there as well as back to GA.

As we were returning to GA (today actually), some tornadoes broke out near Atlanta and one started heading towards where my grandparent's live. That was actually where I was ultimately going to be ending up tonight after we got everything unloaded at the Fulmer's. We got to my grandparents where my Meteorologist brother (weatherman) informed me that the storm system that had the tornado disappeared before it could get anywhere close to the house. Everyone was quite thankful.

Well, I suppose that's way more than enough for one post. I'll probably post again in the near future to describe the amusing events that took place one night while staying with my cousins:-D

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TORNAODES! AT GRANNY AND PAW PAW'S HOUSE! Good grief, I didn't know that! I wonder if Mom and Dad know...

January 03, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

Good to have you back with us Justin! Glad you are having an enjoying break!

January 03, 2006 9:58 PM  
Blogger LaceyP said...

um...for some reason that last statement sounds weird...I think I meant I'm glad you are enjoying your break...yeah, that sounds better...oh ignore me...

January 03, 2006 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, and they struck in January of all months. I didn't know that there could be tornadoes in January.

January 04, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger HandmaidenforHim said...

Hey! It's great to see you're posting on your blog again! I sure wish I could have stayed in Georgia longer, but I have other obligations at the moment such as school. :( Well, I hope you're having fun! Oh, what happened at Asa's house that was so funny?

January 04, 2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home